1 HS Andrews AFB, MD U.S. Air Force Custom Patches

The 1st Helicopter Squadron was constituted as the 1st Fighter Reconnaissance Squadron on 11 April 1944. The 1st Helicopter Squadron is a United States Air Force unit based at Andrews Air Force Base. Activated on 20 April 1944 as Lakeland AAFld, it was assigned to Third Air Force, flying the P-51 aircraft. Currently the squadron operates UH-1N Huey helicopters acquired in the early 1970s.